- Philadelphia, PA
Kimmel Center, Inc., a charitable, not-for-profit organization, owns, manages, supports and maintains The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, whichincludes Verizon Hall, Perelman Theater, Innovation Studio and the Merck Arts Education Center. Kimmel Center, Inc. also manages the Academy of Music, owned by the Philadelphia Orchestra Association, andthe University of the Arts’ Merriam Theater. Our mission is to operatea world-class performing arts center that engages and serves a broadaudience from throughout the Greater Philadelphia region.
Reports to: Education Manager
The Education Administrator will facilitate all administrative and accounting functions associated with education programs. The Education Administrator will work closely with the Manager of Education to develop and administer the programs within the department including performing arts classes, student matinees, the Creative Music Program for Jazz, summer camps and special projects. Through the ability to communicate exceptionally both inside and outside of the organization and the department, the Education Administrator will carry out tasks necessary to develop, implement, track, report, document, monitor and promote educational programs.
- Primary point person responsible for performing the tasks associated with coordinating the needs of all education programs
- Provide assistance in promoting education programs internally and externally to schools and communities
- Assist the Manager of Education with special projects and general departmental support
- Assists Education Manager in researching information for education projects
- Communicate to teachers and clients concerning education programs and/or events
- Document and arrange all labor needs and other requirements for programs and/or events
- Record and track all relevant data related to education programs, including participation and impact, attendance in all programs, demographics, evaluations of programs, etc.
- Manage and manipulate reporting functions using electronic databases (Tessitura and Ungerboeck)
- Prepare and present fact sheets and reports as needed for the Manager of Education and the Kimmel Center Institution
- Coordinates with full-time and part-time teaching artists staff around data collection, booking of education classes and camps
- Coordinate with Marketing Department for all promotional material and oversight of Education Marketing plan
- Liaise with web development team to draft and revise content for KC Education website (to include lesson plans, Educator’s Spotlight Series, weblog, etc.)
- Communicate and work with IT to address the needs of the department
- Maintain collegiate and productive relationships with all resident company Education personnel
- Schedule spaces for education programs and/or events
- Manage all ticket order processing
- Oversee the MAEC Volunteer staff at education program events
- Bachelor’s Degree in arts administration, non-profit management or arts-related field
- Minimum three years of experience working in arts education or with non-profit organizations and with diverse constituencies
- Minimum two years of management experience
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office and basic proficiency of Photoshop or other designs and editing software as well as web-based blog design
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, analyze systems and data suggest appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities, multitasking and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Availability on some evenings and weekends is required
We look forward to receiving your application!
All resumes received for specific positions will be kept on file for one year. All information received for general consideration will be maintained for six months. If an interview is considered appropriate, the Human Resources Department will contact you. Due to the volume of mail received, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries regarding application status.
Kimmel Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse working environment.