Vice President of Sales Marketing
- Philadelphia, PA
Kimmel Center, Inc., a charitable, not-for-profit organization, owns, manages, supports and maintains The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, which includes Verizon Hall, Perelman Theater, Innovation Studio and the Merck Arts Education Center. Kimmel Center, Inc. also manages the Academy of Music, owned by the Philadelphia Orchestra Association, andthe University of the Arts’ Merriam Theater. Our mission is to operate a world-class performing arts center that engages and serves a broadaudience from throughout the Greater Philadelphia region.
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: Senior Vice President
Direct Reports: Director of Creative Services, Director of Advertising Sales, Senior Marketing Manager, Marketing Assistant
Responsible for leading and coordinating all sales and marketing strategies, plans, programs and functions while monitoring sales and marketing activity against goals for all presentations, productions, and the organization as a whole.
- Manage overall brand for Kimmel Center, Inc. encompassing all of its venues and spaces, presentations and the Resident Companies.
- Direct and oversee the organization’s sales and marketing function to identify and develop new customers and lines of business
- Develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities and new business development, with an emphasis on penetrating diverse consumer markets
- Manage department budget and analyze effectiveness of sales programs, methods, costs and revenues
- Establish strategic planning goals and objectives, implement policies and operating procedures to attain the requisite results
- Create the organization’s communications strategies and develop collateral materials
- Maintain excellent relationships with Resident Company marketing leadership
- Develop and retain talented staff to enhance resources in sales and marketing department and provide leadership succession planning
- Establish collaborative relationships with Public Relations, Programming and Development and all other areas of the organization
- Maintain Kimmel Center standards of customer service
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a member of leadership in a proven successful sales role , with emphasis on penetrating diverse consumer markets and development of marketing and branding strategies
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, contracts and negotiations, structuring goals and revenue projections
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to develop successful marketing strategies, advertising campaigns and public relations partnerships
- High proficiency in spreadsheets, and maintaining accurate budgets and forecasts
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and platform) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop excellent and sustained key relationships both internally and externally
Environment, Physical Demands and Other Conditions:
- Office environment
- Some nights and weekends
- Occasional traveling
To apply for this position please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application!
All resumes received for specific positions will be kept on file for one year. All information received for general consideration will be maintained for six months. If an interview is considered appropriate, the Human Resources Department will contact you. Due to the volume of mail received, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries regarding application status.
Kimmel Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse working environment.