- Clifton Park, NY
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems.
Kitware, Inc. is actively seeking a talented Communications Specialist to join our team. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for the creation and execution of programs that enhance and promote the organization and its products, and will be a part of the Kitware Proposals Team responsible for managing the federal and commercial proposal process.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, preparing and/or reviewing materials for company brochures, publications, websites, press releases, promotional materials, proposals, and textbooks
- Managing content and projects related to the company’s website, social media campaigns, blogs, external newsletters and textbooks
- Actively grow Kitware’s public image by seeking media opportunities, guest article / blog opportunities for the technical staff, and speaking opportunities for Kitware leadership
- Coordinating with project leads at Kitware and external collaborators during the proposal process to request information, collect responses and proactively follow-up via email and/or telephone
- Overseeing the writing, internal review, and submission process for a proposal
- Entering proposal-related data into Kitware’s in-house proposal and contract management system and maintaining existing data to ensure accuracy
Candidates must be detail-oriented, have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to politely yet persistently follow-up both internally and externally. Candidates should be prepared to work on leading-edge technical content, and should have a background in or ability to quickly learn technical nomenclature and formatting rules for presenting coding examples. Candidate must also be flexible to handle new policies, procedures, and organizational structures that will arise as Kitware grows. Candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelors degree and experience in a related field (such as Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or English).
Candidates that are invited to interview will be asked to demonstrate their writing skills. Samples of prior work (press releases, articles, technical publications or marketing content) will be considered. In addition, during the interview the candidate will be asked to write a short piece (press pitch, press release, or blog posting) based on an example executive summary for a Kitware project.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, uniformed service member status, genetic pre-disposition to any condition, physical or non-physical disability or any other characteristics protected by law.