Research and Development Involving Machine Learning and Medical Image Analysis
- Carrboro, US, Carrboro, NC
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems.
Kitware is seeking to hire highly skilled Research and Development Engineers (R&D Engineers) for our medical image analysis and machine learning efforts.
A passion for C++ programming to solve challenging medical image understanding and analysis problems is required.
Kitware collaborates on basic and applied research and development projects that span all forms of data analysis and visualization. Our collaborators include the top universities from around the world, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, oil and gas companies, financial institutes, and many others. Our efforts build upon our extensive C++ software libraries as well as our expertise in a variety of synergistic disciplines including machine learning, pattern recognition, medical image analysis, visualization, informatics, and computer vision.
Nearly half of the R&D Engineers at Kitware have Ph.D.s in their respective fields. All of our R&D Engineers have exceptional expertise in C++ programming. If you join our team, you will collaborate with world-class coworkers and external researchers in the following ways:
- Create next-generation, open-source software for mobile, tablet, web, desktop, and supercomputing platforms.
- Develop advanced visualization and analysis algorithms, applications, and integrated systems that involve images from the newest medical devices, videos from real-world scenarios, and simulations generated by the largest supercomputers.
- Deploy software applications and infrastructure that are used by people, every day, around the world, to improve the world.
- Exceptional skill in C++ programming is essential. Skills in CMake, ITK, VTK, Qt, and Slicer are desired. MATLAB and JAVA programming skills are inconsequential.
- M.S., or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field with corresponding emphasis on scientific computing, medical imaging, computer vision, and/or machine learning is needed.
- Publication experience is essential. Grant writing experience is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver practical solutions to challenging data analysis problems is required.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills are essential
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, uniformed service member status, genetic pre-disposition to any condition, physical or non-physical disability or any other characteristics protected by law.
Please, no recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.