Lead Software Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
lastminute.com group is a publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry, leveraging technology to simplify the life of travellers. As a smart travel provider, we offer our customers an extensive offering for all their needs, from flights, hotels, holidays and city breaks to cruises, car hire, as well as other travel and leisure related services.
We operate a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Bravofly, Rumbo, Volagratis and Jetcost.
Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
The Group is headquartered in Chiasso, Switzerland and is looking for a Contributor – Software Development for its one of the development centre based in Bangalore, India.
Required Experience - 8 to 12 years
The key responsibility of this role is to lead and drive the design part of product delivery. Also the person should own end to end delivery of one scrum team (if required). The person should be flexible for both IC and team management.
• Minimum 60% hands-on in coding
• Deep experience on distributed development across multiple interfacing systems
• Strong in Design and development using object oriented and component oriented techniques.
• Strong Communication and technical writing skills.
• Java - Server Side application development including J2EE technologies
• Ability to troubleshooting efforts upon project delivery (post development);
• Experience on Rest Service development using Spring
• Strong in Design patterns
• Databases – Solid Working knowledge of SQL
• Exposure on TDD/BDD methodologies
• Experience with agile software development methodologies.
• Working knowledge on messaging framework
• Hands on knowledge with production infrastructure such as load balancer, proxy servers.
• Exposure on Jenkins and CI
• Working knowledge on Git
Nice to have skills
• Exposure on micro services & spring boot
• Exposure on cloud management
• Exposure on Continuous Delivery
• Exposure on Docker and Kubernetes
• Exposure on Clean code and Hexagonal Architecture
B.E / B.Tech, M.E / M.Tech, MCA