Director of Marketing
Arabella Advisors is a dynamic consulting firm dedicated to helping individuals, families, institutions, and corporations make better philanthropic decisions.
We influence hundreds of millions of dollars in contributions and grants, helping our clients fight hunger and disease, improve early childhood education and advance conservation, among other issues. We provide clear-eyed research and analysis of issues and nonprofit organizations as well as strategy development, management and evaluation support, enabling our clients to give with confidence. Our clients range from the world’s largest philanthropists to small family foundations and include the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, The Kresge Foundation, the Mead Family Foundation, the Steans Family Foundation, Microsoft, Novartis and Hyatt Hotels.
Arabella Advisors is seeking a dynamic, creative, and experienced marketing leader to increase awareness of Arabella’s position as a leading philanthropic advisory firm. This new, senior-level role requires an entrepreneurial-minded leader with a proven track record of developing and implementing innovative marketing strategies. The Director of Marketing will lead the firm’s marketing strategy, including brand strategy, external relations, promotional materials, educational content, and online presence. The ideal candidate will bring relevant experience in a growing professional services firm and/or an understanding of the philanthropic marketplace.
- Develop and implement a clear and measurable marketing strategy to increase Arabella’s brand awareness and impact
- Cultivate a brand strategy that clearly and consistently communicates the firm’s value proposition
- Oversee external communications, including public and media relations
- Maximize Arabella’s presence by overseeing strategies that use online tools (website, email marketing, and social media platforms), events, and other vehicles
- Work collaboratively with the firm’s staff to develop educational and thought leadership pieces that share our insights with potential clients and the broader philanthropic community
- Lead a small but growing team of professionals, vendors, and consultants to support the successful execution of the firm’s marketing objectives
- Utilize market research to create strategies to reach Arabella’s diverse set of audiences: professional philanthropists, high-net-worth individuals, potential partners, prospective employees, etc.
- Manage a budget that includes direct costs (printing, design tools, event expenses) and the capacity of members of other teams, as well as vendors and contractors as necessary
- Manage staff’s public appearances including speeches and conference attendance and participation
A Career with Arabella
Arabella’s core value is to create an outstanding place to work. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. We encourage participatory decision-making and collaboration, while always keeping a sense of humor and goodwill. We encourage people to pursue their passions both inside and outside of work, respecting work-life balance.
In keeping with this core value, our firm is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. We are also dedicated to creating a fun, flexible and healthy work environment. Arabella offers 100% premium paid health, vision, dental, prescription insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance, personal and volunteer leave time, strong participation in an organization retirement plan, fitness benefit, pre-tax commuter benefit and more.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, including developing and implementing marketing strategies, brand building, public and media relations, and social media
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working collaboratively across teams to create engaging content
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Flexibility and a desire to work in a fast-paced and quickly growing environment
- Experience working or volunteering in a mission-focused context (nonprofit, foundation, social enterprise, etc.) preferred
- Experience working in a professional services firm preferred
- Please submit a resume, writing sample, and thoughtful cover letter outlining your relevant experience and specific interest in Arabella through the links below. For technical difficulties only, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, please no calls or emails.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in applying should submit a resume and cover letter through Arabella’s careers site: https://arabellacareers.silkroad.com/
Please no calls. All inquiries can be directed to email@example.com