IT Procurement Specialist
- Chiasso, Switzerland
- Department: Finance & Legal
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories - from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days. Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services
lastminute.com is looking for an IT Procurement Specialist for its team based in Chiasso.
He/she will contribute with its negotiation skills to any overall Cost Reduction Programme in order to deliver target benefits; identify and deliver additional vendor savings or value improvement opportunities both on an ongoing basis and in support of annual budgets; deliver the necessary procurement capability that can adequately manage the vendor base to deliver in line with developing business requirements
● Negotiate pricing and key commercial terms for the requested material vendor contracts.
● Negotiate terms and conditions (with the legal team as required) when needed for vendor contracts.
● Identify new opportunities for value creation through supply market innovation.
● Support the liaise with internal customers and stakeholders to continuously improve overall service provision and responsiveness to business needs.
● Be a strong, visible Procurement reference, rapidly establishing and maintaining good working relationships, trust and confidence.
● Build strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organisation.
● Effectively contribute to the cost reduction measures with key vendors and focus on TCO (Total Cost of Ownership); achieve cost reductions, keep price responsibilities, and achieve benefits targets.
● Compile, analyse and provide consolidated reporting for procurement metrics, particularly benefits tracking.
Skills and Experience
● Good experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, competitive price analysis, supplier relationship management and performance
● Good understanding of procurement in the context of a digital/online business
● Proven track record of implementing complex procurement projects and benefits delivery
● Demonstrated sourcing expertise across a range of categories, particularly digital marketing, technology and professional services
● Strong negotiating skills (both cost / commercial and contractual terms)
● Possessing strong interpersonal skills and relationship management competencies, in addition to excellent influencing, presentation and written/verbal communication skills
● Consistently demonstrate integrity, fairness and professional conduct
● Possess a personal desire and energy to succeed in high standards
● Demonstrated ability to think strategically and argue persuasively for a course of action
● Strong problem solving and analytical expertise
● A focus on people applying strong coaching and development skills to help drive improvement in overall commercial awareness and capability across the organisation
● Project management skills
● High level of flexibility
● Ability to interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management