UX /UI Designer
- Chiasso, Switzerland
lastminute.com group is a publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry, and we operate a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Bravofly, Rumbo, Volagratis and Jetcost.
Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
lm group is looking for a passionate UX/UI Designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences for our Jetcost brand. We are looking for an experienced professional with a solid knowledge of the user experience process and experience in designing for websites, mobile devices and tablets.
In this role, as key member of the team, you’ll help us designing and delivering thoughtful user experiences . You’ll work closely with the business to understand complex requirements and create experiences to the highest standard and also with our developers team.
Working with us you will have the opportunity to :
• illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps;
• prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
• work collaboratively with other designers, developers and business analysts to develop user experience solutions in an agile project delivery;
• solve complex problems by applying methodical thinking, logic and pragmatism;
• be challenging established thinking and championing new ideas to stakeholders;
• put rigour into everything you touch to ensure it will be comprehensive;
• do profiling, user flows, information architecture, wireframing and prototyping;
• gather and evaluate user requirements to create strategic proposals;
• support product team to conduct user research and usability tests;
• +2 years of experience in Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent prototyping tools;
• experience of design B2C interfaces;
• significant industry/agency experience working across large websites and mobile;
• deep knowledge of experience design and visual and interaction design principles;
• demonstrated experience using data to inform design decisions;
• encompass knowledge of motion design (in specific relation to transitions) as well as visual/ interactive/interface design trends;
• deep understanding of best practice UX approaches and how to apply them;
• a portfolio with examples of your UI skills;
• working experience with cross-functional teams effectively in everyday tasks with agile methodology;
• familiarity and appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of a range of technologies is useful;
• academic background in human-computer interaction, product design, UI Design, creative or related field. Computer Science, Social Science or Arts degree;
• fluency in English.