Booking System and Airfares Analyst
- Chiasso, Switzerland
- Department: Data & Analytics
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating unforgettable experiences - from city breaks, hotels and holidays to theatre and spa days. lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, a publicly-traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Each month, our websites and mobile apps (available in 17 languages and 40 countries) reach 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences.
More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to providing our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel-related products and services
lastminute.com is looking for a Booking System and Airfares Analyst for its Growth team based in Chiasso.
“Content is King”, and without having the best, lastminute.com can’t provide the best flights for our customers. As the content manager, you’ll work closely with all team members in order to improve our flight business.
Commercial awareness in combination with strategical/analytical thinking will be vital for this role. You’ll be in charge of understanding which booking system to book with, forecast potential growth, monitor competitors and make sure we always have the best possible flight content.
Being able to communicate, explain the value of own solutions and ability to lead projects is crucial for succeeding in the role.
You’ll have to be up to date with the best practices on the market and understand how to be best in class. This role demands a person who challenges the status quo, innovates and doesn’t settle for mediocracy.
- Execute multiple projects across cross-functional teams with the aim to improve our flight content
- Support pricing analysts and other stakeholders on content-related analysis
- Be responsible for all the overall settings for our booking systems
- Make sure that the Airlines are providing us the best Airfares
- Monitor sales KPIs
- Degree/experience in Business, Finance, Travel or similar fields
- Fully proficient in Excel
- Previous experience in working with Global Distribution System (GDS) and air content aggregators
- Ability to manage projects which aims to find solutions to complex issues
- Ability to influence decision-makers through own presentation of analysis
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience from an online travel agency
- Familiarity with digital and e-commerce business
- An additional language will be a plus
- High attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time, successfully able to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with an eagerness to be best in class
- Proactivity and strategic approach