Senior Programmer - Requisition 1120
- Los Angeles, CA
March Vision Care is a Knox Keene licensed, vision care plan managing and providing vision care programs for health plans, HMO’s and the business community; currently serving over 3 million members nationwide. We have a commitment to excellence for all facets of our vision benefit programs. We offer a fun, fast-paced and modern work environment.
March Vision Care’s mission is to be an active partner in improving health through high quality affordable vision care that focuses on early detection, education, and management through innovative, member-oriented solutions.
The .NET Senior Programmer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Perform object-oriented analysis, design and development of Windows and web based applications.
- Act as a lead and provide guidance to programmers in the planning, development, and maintenance of programs based on a thorough understanding of .NET architecture patterns, database design, user requirements, and best practices in .NET environments.
- Ensure system development life cycle is followed.
- Participate in all phases of development using Agile and Scrum methodologies (MARCH SDLC).
- Identify, recommend and implement new technologies and/or upgrades as they become available.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related educational discipline. MCSE or MCSD a plus.
- 7+ years of experience developing software.
- Experience in Healthcare and managed care systems preferred.
- Excellent programming skills in C# a must.
- Strong SQL programming skills.
- Experience with TFS using Agile/Scrum project templates a plus.
- Experience with SSRS a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to translate business process.
- Administration experience in Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS and/or TFS a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sorry, we cannot support H-1B Visas at this time.
Do you possess the strategic, conceptual and creative thinking skills necessary to out-perform your job description? If you have an open mind and a true passion for our organization's mission and can execute numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure, MARCH VISION CARE, a rapidly growing health care provider located in West Los Angeles, offers the daily rewards and challenges associated with a fast-paced, cutting-edge organization. We offer a pleasant working environment and a competitive compensation/benefits package. Take advantage of a great location and pleasant team atmosphere that fosters creativity, where your input can have a profound effect. Are you ready to become a part of the MARCH success?
For consideration please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and include the requistion number in the subject line. Or the preferred method is to apply directly on our website, www.marchvisioncare.com and click on Careers. Make sure to apply directly to this opportunity.
March Vision Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer who employs individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disabilities, or any basis prohibited by law. Our business supports a drug free work environment, which requires pre-employment drug screening. We also conduct thorough background investigations and all positions require skill assessment tests.