- Clifton Park, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The role: Network/Telecom Engineer
As the Network/Telecom Engineer, you will be part of a team that will focus on system architecture and design, troubleshooting, maintaining and updating telecommunications and networking equipment. You will proactively address issues and provide necessary support and solutions. You will be responsible for organizing the documentation and reports of completed work.
- Primary responsibilities are around telecom and networking, with specific Cisco and Avaya VoIP concentration
- Design, support and maintain data, voice, or video network hardware and systems; investigate and resolve network and hardware matters of significance; research, analyze, isolate and resolve errors; assess and update older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans
- Provide advanced troubleshooting skills and the ability to rapidly identify issues and provide timely restoration
- Keep detailed records and updated logs of work activities Network Engineering Resource
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience in a networking environment
- Experience in design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of an Avaya/Cisco VoIP environment
- Solid troubleshooting techniques including testing, diagnosing, analyzing and identifying issues
- Ability to self-motivate and utilize a proactive approach
- Experience with Cisco’s routing/switching product line and also Cisco’s best practices.
- An advanced understanding of networking standards such as TCP/IP, VLAN, DHCP, MPLS.
- Experience using Visio that will be used for creating physical/logical diagrams.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- CCDA/CCDP certifications
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.