Fire and Security Technician
- Clifton Park, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Field Engineering
The Field Engineering team at nfrastructure is made up of highly motivated individuals whose attention to detail, follow-through, and active client support creates an energetic and productive atmosphere. Working directly with clients, the team is committed to installing the clients’ computer equipment, ensuring it is connected to the network and peripherals, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
The role: Fire and Security Technician
The job of Fire and Security Technician was established for the purpose/s of providing electrical services with specific responsibility for installing, repairing and servicing fire alarm, access control, video surveillance and intrusion detection systems and related equipment; maintaining a regular inspection schedule; documenting activities; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available as needed.
- Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings of fire alarm and/or other related electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems.
- Coordinates with assigned Foreman and/or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Diagnoses causes of electrical problems or failures in assigned systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and building regulations.
- Inspects fire alarm / security systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Installs electrical system components as assigned (e.g. panels, audible/visual alarms, pull stations, detectors, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded system capabilities.
- Maintains assigned vehicle, tools and test equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability of equipment in the workplace.
- Ensures that the projects are satisfactory completed and within local/ State / Federal and District codes, regulations and specifications.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares written materials for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Associate’s degree and 5 years of experience and/or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work on ladders up to 32’ and man-lifts at greater heights
- Superior customer service skills
- Clean driving record and background check/drug test required
- NICET level 3 or above alarm certification preferred
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.