Senior Network Engineer
- Albany, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Technical Staffing
At nfrastructure, we organize and change around our customers. nfrastructure’s Technical Staffing team embodies that pursuit. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. In every customer location, you will find challenging projects and the opportunity to improve the way that they do business. nfrastructure will continuously develop our services platform by hiring the most talented IT professionals to support our customers. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible – and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, Managed Staffing may be the right place for you.
The role: Network Engineer
As the Network Engineer you’ll be working as part of The Implementation Team, a rapidly evolving environment which necessitates constant changes to Network configurations. With your expertise you’ll be responsible for changes which may include tunneling technology, firewall policies, circuit provisioning, and dynamic routing.
- Design and support a multi-vendor network environment (Juniper, Cisco, Nortel) that supports over 500 remote locations
- Meet with customers to gather requirements and provide appropriate network solutions
- Assist in the evaluation of hardware platforms and software products
- Configure and maintain routing including the use of RIP version 2, OSPF, and BGP
- Implementing and supporting WAN technology including Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point circuits, and bonded circuits
- Implement and support LAN technology including Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP), and link aggregation
- Design, implement and support firewalls solutions including the use of policies and Virtual Private Networks (VPN) design
- Design, support and configure SSLVPN, client and clientless VPN solution
- Support advanced switching and routing including the use of (VSS) Virtual Switching Systems
- Provide in-depth analysis on network data captures
- Perform network integration with business partners using appropriate secure network solutions
- Implement network security solutions including but not limited to Intrusion Prevention and Detection, and Network Access Controls (NAC)
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining of enterprise load balancing solutions
- Troubleshoot problems within the network environment and working with ITS technical staff and vendor technical staff to diagnose and correct problems
- Maintain records of system changes and upgrades. Also maintaining records of problems and resolutions for future analysis
- Review existing system performance and recommending changes to improve performance
- Review and recommend network operating system patches and upgrades
- Provide assistance in the development of policies and procedures
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- Mentoring client staff and providing off-shift support as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or telecommunications, and 5 years of experience in network maintenance and operations procedures.
- Experience with switching and routing in a multivendor environment, including tunnel technology, firewall policies, dynamic routing protocols, VLANS and subnetting
- Experience in training and root cause analysis of network performance data
- Strong network troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.