- Clifton Park, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Project Management Office
The Project Management Office follows the Project Management Institute methodology and is responsible for all aspects of every project. This includes providing project implementation, direction and control of project personnel, a framework for project communications, reporting, execution of procedural and/or contractual activity, the delivery of the scope of services, and project modification/follow-up as necessary. The PMO is responsible for the successful delivery and management of quality projects with high customer satisfaction.
The role: Project Manager
The Project Manager will be required to manage the day to day operational activities of large, high budget projects across various internal functional departments within nfrastructure, with the responsibility for a successful delivery in a matrix resource environment for all of the project deliverables. The PM will be required to provide status reports to the Director, PMO detailing open tickets, issues, corrective actions and project statuses. The PM will also be expected to set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, including the customer project manager, through regular and proactively scheduled meetings. Standard project management skills, specifically those listed below, are required of this position.
- Develop and execute project plans for major nfrastructure initiatives, in a matrix capacity with project team members throughout the organization.
- Present recommendations for effective consensus decision making, taking into consideration risk analysis and impact assessment for project milestones.
- Develop project resource and cost estimates. Monitor actual project expenditures against project estimates and budgets.
- Provide accurate and timely budget reporting. Held responsible for meeting (or beating) project budget.
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with the project sponsor/business owner to ensure that business objectives are met and any changes are clearly communicated. Communicate effectively with project team members, senior management and other managers whose staff are involved in projects.
- Meet project goals while adhering to established project methodology and governance standards and procedures.
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding project status.
- Plan and facilitate team meetings, working sessions and communicate output of such.
- Development and facilitation of change management plans/actions.
- Be the liaison between nfrastructure and our customers for business, technical, and other project team meetings.
- Responsible for overall project management, including all phases of PMI project management concepts: Project Integration, Scope, Time Cost, Quality, Communications, Risk and Procurement.
- Communicate with clients to assess satisfaction levels with products and services
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ Years Project Management experience of large ($1+ million budget / project) complex IT projects which demonstrate a broad and deep understanding of complex business processes, multiple platforms and language technologies and financial management
- Demonstrated track record for managing complex operational projects
- Demonstrated success at influencing people and initiating changes in business practice
- Proficiency in Project Management Methodologies
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of managing all project phases
- Ability to effectively and proactively manage changes in project scope
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of proper escalation
- Proficiency in Project Financial Management
- Has been responsible for the financial results
- Understands and has used standard PMI-based financial formulas to analyze earned value
- Experience and success in managing service level agreements with penalties
- Experience with managing projects focused on PC rollout, implementations, and VoIP systems.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to proactively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate risk
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- PMP Certification Preferred
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.