- Clifton Park, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Technical Staffing
At nfrastructure, we organize and change around our customers. nfrastructure’s Technical Staffing team embodies that pursuit. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. In every customer location, you will find challenging projects and the opportunity to improve the way that they do business. nfrastructure will continuously develop our services platform by hiring the most talented IT professionals to support our customers. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible – and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, Managed Staffing may be the right place for you.
The role: Optical Engineer
As an Optical Engineer your role will be to support The NYeNet optical communication services that support over 150 different governmental organizations. The core infrastructure of the consolidated Data Centers is a fiber optic ring utilizing Ciena/Nortel Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) equipment. The DWDM ring enables communications between mainframes, data storage equipment and servers at the Data Center’s four sites. The DWDM rings that support the Wide Area Network also utilizes Ciena/Nortel Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) equipment.
- Monitor and manage the health of the equipment in conjunction with the NYeNet Network Operation Center.
- Coordinate the expansion, change and implementation of the DWDM equipment for the Consolidated Data Center and the Wide Area Network.
- Work with the NYS ITS NOC to isolate and repair any software, equipment or fiber failures.
- BA/BS in technical or business field and 5+ years related experience or a minimum of 8+ years of work related experience
- The candidate must be proficient in the operation and management of Ciena/Nortel Common Photonic Layer, OM5200 DWDM, OM6500 DWDM equipment.
- The candidate must also be familiar with the operation of an OTDR as it relates to fiber characterization and troubleshooting.
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.