Senior Collaboration Engineer
- Clifton Park, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The role: Senior Collaboration Engineer
Reporting to the Director of Collaboration, this position will be the senior technical resource for the Collaboration Team. In this role, the Senior Collaboration Engineer is responsible for managing the Collaboration Engineering Team as well as providing AV/Video Conferencing design, implementation and support of collaboration initiatives. This position requires the Senior Engineer to perform functions such as design, engineer, install, troubleshoot, repair, test, support, monitoring, facilitating, reporting, documenting, training, working with A/V and Video vendors, and preventative maintenance services as needed.
- Provide design/engineering/project leadership on new/upgraded collaboration projects.
- Provide management and oversight to our AV and Video integrators/partners and employees on collaboration projects.
- Provide/Lead engineering and technical input to create, maintain, and implement collaboration engineering standards.
- Support/resolve video conferencing/AV field incident tickets.
- Support/lead video system moves, adds and changes in field.
- Participate in assignments and projects with minimal direction.
- Participate in projects as the Collaboration team’s SME and help incorporate the team’s strategies and design concepts into projects.
- Provide client/peer training on collaboration systems as needed.
- Must comply with all company policies including status reports, project timekeeping, project recharging, project management reports, etc.
- 5-7 years of direct experience with Video Conferencing/AV integration design, engineering, installation, support and management.
- Experience with Polycom and Cisco/Tandberg Infrastructure, endpoint projects and immersive products.
- Experience with CUCM, Cisco Capture Transform Share Platform, Microsoft Lynch, and Streaming Technologies.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide an outstanding customer service experience in a variety of circumstances across all organizational levels
- Experience managing a team of engineers in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Telecommunications
- Experience with large enterprise IP networks and related networking equipment
- Knowledge of video conferencing hardware and ITU standards (i.e. H.320, H.323, H.264 and SIP)
- AMX, Creston and/or Extron control system knowledge
- Certifications in Cisco switches, media gateways – routers, Cisco/Tandberg and Polycom Video equipment, Cisco and Polycom Immersive Technology and Microsoft Lynch
- Certifications in CCNA, CCNP voice, CVE, MCSE or ITIL
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.