- East Greenbush, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Technical Staffing
At nfrastructure, we organize and change around our customers. nfrastructure’ s Technical Staffing team embodies that pursuit. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. In every customer location, you will find challenging projects and the opportunity to improve the way that they do business. nfrastructure will continuously develop our services platform by hiring the most talented IT professionals to support our customers. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible – and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, Technical Staffing may be the right place for you.
The role: Network Architect
As a Network Architect, you will interpret business requirements into technical network solutions framework and provide technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints. You will also work with enterprise, server and applications architects to ensure alignment across technology portfolios. This role will custodian of the architecture process that interfaces with project and program managers to provide direction on scope and network solutions.
- Work closely with project managers and directors as well as clients to develop IT solutions
- Assist in approximating scope and cost of projects
- Provide technical direction and frameworks to meet business needs
- Create presentations/solutions and articulate to project managers and executives
- Produce technically superior solutions architecture that is aligned to business needs and direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- 10 years of experience in a Networking and Engineering environment at least 5 of those years in a design phase setting.
- Experience working on a project team as the Network SME, designing, implementing, and managing network
- Superior strategic planning and problem solving skills
- Proven record of innovative thinking and solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide variety of network solutions, standards and protocols
- Cisco Network Experience, cisco firewall and Juniper
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.