- Albany, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Project Management Office
The Project Management Office follows the Project Management Institute methodology and is responsible for all aspects of every project. This includes providing project implementation, direction and control of project personnel, a framework for project communications, reporting, execution of procedural and/or contractual activity, the delivery of the scope of services, and project modification/follow-up as necessary. The PMO is responsible for the successful delivery and management of quality projects with high customer satisfaction.
The Role: Program Manager
The Program Manager‘s role is to plan, manage, and execute multiple project initiatives that create and sustain comprehensive solutions to deliver a world-class customer experience. These deliverables are managed from initiation to project close-out to ensure the quality of deliverables and timely completion. The role reports within the Program Management Office, but is located onsite at the customer location. The Program Manager provides leadership and communication across business functional areas, focusing on business/enterprise driven initiatives, leveraging best practices to drive operational efficiencies and continual improvement of Program Management processes. This role ensures projects align with the business strategy and deliver on time, boosting productivity and scalability while improving profitability.
- Lead large, complex, enterprise-wide projects through all project lifecycle phases.
- Meet project goals while adhering to established project methodology and governance standards and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relationships and communications at all levels of the organization.
- Assist in the optimization of resource allocation.
- Support senior executives across business lines in strategic analysis, project scoping and approach definition.
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding project status.
- Plan and facilitate team meetings, working sessions and communicate output of such.
- Identification of risks, and development/facilitation of risk mitigation actions.
- Development and facilitation of change management plans/actions.
- Be the liaison between nfrastructure and our customers for business, technical, and other project team meetings.
- Responsible for overall project management, including all phases of PMI project management concepts: Project Integration, Scope, Time Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Procurement.
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolves conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- Communicate with clients to assess satisfaction levels with products and services.
- Participates in customer meetings as sales support to develop new and grow existing business opportunities.
- The Project Manager will also be expected to set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage Information Technology related budget for customer.
- Manage IT Service Levels and Operational Requests from the Customer
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years’ experience with Project Management or business consulting, MBA preferred or equivalent educations, training or experience.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working with executives and C-level constituents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PMBOK, including risk management, change order management, performance measurements, financial and qualitative analysis, and project/people management.
- Extensive experience in managing large fixed priced engagements, managing the profitability and successfully meeting the client's expectations and goals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while staying aligned to the project objectives.
- Leadership skill that would be applied across the client enterprise and across multiple project environments, to influence client's expectations and goals.
- Experience with business transformation and change management.
- Experience and success in managing service level agreements with penalties
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to proactively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate risk
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- Experience working within Higher Education, not-for-profit, or public sectorenvironments preferred.
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.