- Malta, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Technical Staffing
nfrastructure's Managed Staffing team embodies that pursuit. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. In every customer location, you will find challenging projects and the opportunity to improve the way that they do business. nfrastructure will continuously develop our services platform by hiring the most talented IT professionals to support our customers. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible – and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, Technical Staffing may be the right place for you.
The role: Senior Security Specialist
The Senior Security Specialist has the responsibility for monitoring the corporate network for intrusions using all available tools. The Senior Security Specialist will conduct strategic analysis of new and evolving network security technologies.
This role is a shift-based so it can be performed on the night or day shift
- Create/maintain rules, filters, dashboards, and reports in ArcSight SIEM to identify malware activity, misconfigurations, and/or anomalies.
- Conduct strategic analysis of existing, new and evolving network security technologies
- Perform incident handling of cyber security incidents in accordance with company policy
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanning using the Tenable Nessus system or other equivalent commercial tool
- Provide subject matter expertise to IT Compliance during IT internal and external audits
- Develop minimum standards and baselines to define required security controls and settings on all servers, commercial applications, and networks
- Assess security risks to the corporation's information and communications systems
- Ability to research and understand the latest vulnerabilities and threats
- Familiar with Checkpoint firewalls and IPS devices
- Familiar with Cisco firewalls and IPS devices
- Familiar with Proxy and DLP systems. Knowledge with Bluecoat Proxies and DLP are preferred.
- Host and facilitate ongoing internal, as well as global, staff meetings to ensure consistent communication to upper management.
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Bluecoat and Juniper security product sets
- RSA SecurID experience
- Experience in malware analysis and remediation
- Experience in forensic analysis and remediation
- Troubleshooting and configuration abilities with excellent TCP/IP networking skills
- Awareness of Internet/Network Security technologies - firewalls, VPN, IDS, IPS, proxies, etc.
- Solid understanding of the underlying LINUX/UNIX & Windows OS security architecture
- Ability to develop, describe and communicate Security Baselines and Policies
- Customer facing skills are highly required
- Ability to design, deploy, support Security Solutions
- Ability to work in a 24x7x365 Security Operations Environment
- Ability to work a normal shift and if needed, a compressed shift schedule comprised of 3 or 4 days of 12 hour (or more) days/nights
- Ability to breakdown silos across the organization to get agreement on security-related matters
- Working knowledge in the Semiconductor industry
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Experience as a technical team lead
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently when needed
- Ability to address customer needs in a professional manner
- Highly motivated and positive
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.