NOC/Help Desk Specialist
- Clifton Park, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Technical Staffing
At nfrastructure, we organize and change around our customers. nfrastructure’s Technical Staffing team embodies that pursuit. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. In every customer location, you will find challenging projects and the opportunity to improve the way that they do business. nfrastructure will continuously develop our services platform by hiring the most talented IT professionals to support our customers. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible – and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, Managed Staffing may be the right place for you.
The role: NOC/Help Desk Specialist
As the Help Desk Specialist you’ll provide customer-friendly Help Desk services for assisting clients via phone support and remote control with problems using IT products and services. Problem statuses are tracked using HP Service Center. You’ll be providing Level 1 and Level 2 Help Desk support for either hardware or software related issues.
- Must be capable of working independently to assist users in the resolution of general IT questions and requests for IT support; manage, track and follow up on IT related calls through problem resolution; may provide tutoring to user in operating equipment and systems and may help in training others.
- Assigning severity levels – help desk agents evaluate trouble calls based on the impact and urgency of the trouble. If the agent taking the call cannot resolve the trouble on the first call, the agent creates an incident and assigns it a severity based on that evaluation.
- Coordinating related incidents – help desk agents determine whether or not the trouble reported is related to another call. When it is, they link these events. This linkage helps assess the extent of the trouble and increases efficiency by assigning resources appropriately.
- Monitor network systems, recognize traps and alerts. Open and route network tickets.
- BA/BS in technical or business field and 3 years relevant experience or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience with writing application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, design, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversions; environments include but are not limited to mainframe, mid-range, personal computers, laptops.
- Demonstrated Help Desk Agent Certification/Training
- Demonstrated Customer Service Certification/Training
- Demonstrated experience with Service-Now.com software or relevant tool
- Demonstrated experience supporting Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Demonstrated experience in incident management including facilitating tickets and following up with resolvers through problem resolution
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Relevant Technical Certifications including hardware (A+), Microsoft (MCP or MCDST), and Cisco (CCENT or CCNA)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.