TESOL/TESL Instructor / Teacher-Trainer
- Kingston, Canada
With courses from Halifax to Victoria and many more in between, Oxford Seminars is the leading provider of TESOL/TESL certification courses all across Canada. Since 1992, we have been providing the most comprehensive TESOL/TESL certification courses available, with over 5,000 graduates certified each year.
Oxford Seminars is looking for dynamic and experienced ESL instructors to deliver TESOL/TESL teacher training courses. Adapting our curriculum to complement your strengths, you will teach periodically on a part time, weekend basis (i.e. three consecutive weekends, up to 6 courses per year, dependent on student registrations).
We believe in student-centered teaching and bringing both creativity and professionalism to the classroom. Our ideal candidates are excited to share their experiences abroad. In addition, they are eager to demonstrate creative and interactive teaching methods, such as Multiple Intelligence Theory and the Communicative Method, with a class of aspiring and motivated individuals.
Instructors prepare and facilitate TESOL/TESL teacher training certification courses using curriculum developed by Oxford Seminars, but tailored to suit your strengths. The curriculum and resource materials are provided to minimize your preparation time for class sizes of 15 – 25 students and include:
- Lesson planning
- Classroom management techniques
- Skills development (vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Contemporary second language acquisition methodologies
- Strategies for acquiring ESL teaching jobs around the world
- Deliver material in an engaging and highly interactive manner by sharing ESL teaching experiences
- Facilitate the learning environment by fostering dynamic class discussions
- Enhance students’ mastery of subject matter and enrich their learning experiences
- Spark and develop interest in learning about other cultures
- College or University graduate
- B.Ed, M.Ed, MA TESL would be an asset
- 2+ years of ESL teaching experience abroad
- 1+ years of local ESL teaching experience
- Ability to relate to students on a personal level
- Ability to share practical teaching experiences and examples
- Energetic, dynamic, motivational and professional
- Committed to enriching students’ lives
- $30 per hour
Please email resume and cover letter to teachtesl[at}oxfordseminars.com, quoting "SRKG" in the subject line.
Oxford Seminars is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application!