Senior Scientist, Formulations
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
A leading global pharmaceutical company.
The incumbent will operate in a matrix type organizational structure, determined by project assignments. Accomplishments will be objectively determined by the number of formulations transferred from the group to the process development group for continued product development and by the efficiency achieved in developing novel formulations when provided a product concept or active ingredient. The position exists to build the product pipeline for the company.
- The incumbent will conduct preformulation and formulation activities for product development of transdermal products. He/she will be able to review and evaluate current scientific and patent literature for evaluation of formulation components, including active and inactives (excipients, enhancers, film etc.)
- He/she will be responsible for evaluation of component materials for compatibility and appropriateness of use, either directly or supervising others in the conduct or performance of testing and evaluation.
- He/she will likewise be capable designing, planning and preparing transdermal formulations, including but not limited to feasibility and compatibility experiments, in vitro permeation tests, and other product development experiments, and interprets results.
- He/she will be able to supervise staff in the conduct of experiments and collaborate with other transdermal R&D staff members.
- He/she will have knowledge of analytical chemistry methods and instrumentation to enable supporting the analytical staff as needed.
- He/she will be able to assemble and present results for discussion and review and write technical reports based on the experimental work.
- He/she will assist with process development and scale-up, including clinical batch production.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires training in a scientific field such as pharmaceutical science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related scientific field, generally obtained through completion of a master’s or doctoral program. Doctoral and post-doctoral training is preferred. Normally requires less than one (1) year directly related experience.
-PhD and less than one year experience.
-Masters and 2 – 4 years experience.
-Bachelors and 4 – 6 years years of experience.
-Overall background in drug delivery technologies, specifically transdermal, but including all general routes of administration of medications.
-Sign on Bonus.