SQL Server Developer
- Detroit, MI
Qstride is a leading business analytics solutions provider delivering integrated applications that enables companies to improve company performance and make business decisions faster that effect the bottom line.
We deliver the most reliable, scalable, and powerful Business Intelligence and Mobile technology for integrated reporting, analysis, and monitoring enabling companies to analyze data strategically stored across their enterprise in real time.
Make strides processing your data quickly with Qstride! www.qstride.com
Seeking a seasoned Microsoft SQL Server developer who's ready to hit the ground running and work for our client ON SITE in their Detroit metro area office.
We're seeking the following in our ideal candidate:
- BE READY: Think on your feet. We shift gears at a moment's notice and we need our employees to keep up. Be prepared to wear multiple hats and take initiative!
- COMMUNICATE: As everyone knows, great communication is key. Lead by example. We want those that are excellent communicators, tactful diplomats, problem solvers, thinkers and analyzers, with the ability to understand and respond to user needs in a rapidly changing business environment.
- PLAY FOR THE TEAM: By working closely with business analysts and software engineers, this solution oriented individual will turn the requirements for our applications into a highly scalable and fast performing transactional system that helps meet business goals.
- While you work with the technology team and the reporting specialist, you, a team player, will gain the knowledge necessary to build and maintain all schema changes that the business requires on our own internal platforms
The main responsibilities will include creating stored procedures for complex queries, monitor system performance and implement query and table optimizations where appropriate, and mentoring software engineers on query and schema design. The position will create new and maintain the existing ETL, SSIS, and other data transfer jobs which feed our existing database from other systems, as well as overall database administration duties.
Required Job Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 T-SQL Coding
- 1+ years experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 Database Administration
- Microsoft SQL Management Studio, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler (or similar tools)
- Advanced knowledge of Transact SQL and query optimization
- A deep understanding of SQL Server as a developer
- Stored Procedure and Index creation / optimization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Query design and optimization, stored procedures
- Understand tasks quickly and adapt to an ever changing environment
- Manage a multitude of tasks and priorities at the same time
- Respond to real-time performance issues in a production environment
- Problem solve and deep thinking for performance related issue resolution
Preferred Job Experience and Skills
- 1+ years experience with SQL Server Integration Services. (or similar ETL tool)
- 1+ years experience with SQL Server Reporting Services. (or similar reporting tool)
- Application development (Visual Studio, the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET)
- Explain complex technical terms to non-technical users
- Source Control (Visual Studio Team System preferred)
- Experience using SQL RedGate Database tools (or similar database management toolkit)
- workflow diagram tool (ie: Microsoft Visio)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We will consider sponsorship of exceptional candidates.