Senior Design Engineer - GDDR5
- Sunnyvale, CA
Top engineering skills just isn't good enough for our Engineering teams, we need high creativity to solve some of the most vexing technical challenges that an engineer with face, anywhere. AMD is at the forefront of technology innovation of visual computing experience, our world evolves through the use of the products we create. AMD is the place where imagination becomes a reality.
AMD does not do this alone we work alongside of the strongest engineering teams building the products that are changing how we live, work, and play. AMD’s customer-centric design approach of integrating our industry changing IP with customer-specific IP creates tailor-made solutions of APUs, Discrete GPUs, and flexible System-on-a-Chip (SoC) design methodology.
Our teams deliver modular I/O controller design across all of AMD products: gaming consoles, hand held gaming devices, online gaming, home entertainment devices, high-performance computing, mobile computing and cloud computing products
If you have a passion for excellence and a drive to achieve, you belong at AMD. Our employees work hard, have fun, and thrive on success. We meet the challenges of an evolving marketplace by staying true to our corporate values, including an unwavering respect for individuals and a focus on retaining superior employees.
You will be mentored by the Hiring Manager who is a Director and is on the USB3.5 standards committee
In 2008 this team created the 1st product using GDDR5 memory.
We are looking for a designer in a mixed signal group.
Contribute to the design, layout supervision, circuit verification, and characterization of high-speed DDR/SERDES transceiver elements (IOs, equalizers, high-speed clock distribution (5-20GHz)), and other SerDes/DDR building blocks at data rates of 5Gb/s and higher
- Will work as a part of a small design team in dynamic environment, taking an active role in design reviews, contributing to IP blocks definition, evaluating technical solutions, writing design specifications and test requirement documents.
- Support new product bring-up, debug and characterization of IP designs.
Strong candidates may also have experience with MiPi PHY (eg, PCIe, SATA, USB, HT, DP, TMDS, GDDR/DDR) and PLL development
Who we look for to join this team:
• Core Requirement is experience with high-speed circuit design and layout in sub-micron CMOS (40nm and below) at data rates of 5-20Gb/s
• Deep understanding of analog/mixed signal design concepts, CMOS processes, and MOS devices semiconductor physics
• willing to take on a challenge and use problem solving skills to solve problems under conditions that can be demanding due to time constraints and problem difficulty
• Depth of understanding of high-speed layout considerations, such as parasitic, crosstalk isolation, supply and bias distribution.
• at the heart of the role is Memory SERDES/GDDR5 PHY experience in IO, clock distribution, clocking delay elements (DLL/PLL) design and architecture, PHY integration (timing and functional models) and timing sign-off a big plus
• Naturally Good communication, presentation, and documentation skills will be you assets and tools to perform well and to be promoted.
Workiing with the folling standards:
1) MIPI standard
2) USB3.1 10G standard
3) GDDR5 JEDEC collaboration
AMD Bolsters Engineering Talent with Appointment of Two Technology Experts
Industry Veteran Charles Matar hired from Qualcomm
Wayne Meretsky held leadership roles at Rational, Apple and P.A. Semi.
AMD Rehires Graphics-Chip Executive Raja Koduri Back From Apple
Computer Architect Jim Keller Joins AMD as Chief of Processor Group from Apple
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. www.amd.com.