Candidate ExperienceHiring Success Glossary
The candidate experience starts with the first communication between a company and a candidate regarding a possible job opportunity. It involves the overall evaluation of the candidate’s treatment from beginning to end.
When working on creating an exceptional candidate experience, consider the following areas:
- Your corporate career site
- The online job application process
- Any communication from your applicant tracking system
- Any communication between a Recruiter, Recruiting Coordinator, Talent Sourcer, Interview Team, or Hiring Manager.
- The interview process
- The welcome received from the company receptionist
- Follow-up communication once the interviews are completed
- Rejection or job offer
- Offer negotiation and acceptance
- New hire on-boarding
Many problems with employee engagement and corporate turnover are traced back to failures in the candidate experience and recruiting leaders that understand the importance and design their recruiting process with the candidate experience at the forefront will win.