Cloud Consultant and Architect
- Chicago, IL
responsiveX is a management and technology consultancy with deep industry and functional expertise. We bring experience, knowledge, strategy and creative thinking to our customers to help them solve important problems, innovate and grow. responsiveX helps clients create great web, mobile and client experiences, often enabled by cloud services. With a strong focus on user experience, innovation and emerging platforms, responsiveX clients get a strategic partner to help guide today’s development efforts while preparing for tomorrow’s innovation.
responsiveX is looking for talented consultants and architects that want to help clients adopt cloud platforms and services including Windows Azure, Amazon AWS and Rackspace Cloud.
- Complete cloud assessments for clients and make recommendations.
- Architect scalable systems for clients using public cloud platforms (PaaS), like Windows Azure.
- Develop small cloud-based proof of concepts (POC) for clients.
- Develop and implement cloud solutions using public cloud platforms (PaaS), like Windows Azure.
- Migrate existing on-premise applications to public cloud platforms (PaaS), like Windows Azure.
- Lead private and public cloud workshops and training courses.
- Interact with other members of the team (other consultants and internal developers, analysts, project managers, testers, etc.) to deliver requirements according to budget and schedule.
- Transfer knowledge to members of client’s team and act as an expert, value-added resource.
- Contribute to local technical user groups and blogs as desired.
- Complete knowledge sharing, training and mentoring of other responsiveX consultants.
- Working knowledge of SOA, SOAP, REST, Web Services, WCF
- Application Development experience using .NET Framework, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, WCF and client technologies like WPF and Silverlight
- Experience working with Windows Azure, SQL Azure, Windows Azure Services/AppFabric
- Experience developing mobile apps with for Windows Phone, iOS or Android
- Integration middleware like BizTalk Server