PAYROLL/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE REPRESENTATIVE
- Fort McMurray, Canada
The Bouchier Group, comprised primarily of Bouchier Contracting Ltd. and Bouchier Site Services Ltd., is based in Fort McKay, Alberta. We are an Aboriginal owned and operated company that currently employs a staff of more than 400 individuals.
In operation since 1998, we provide a variety of services to the Athabasca Oil Sands Region and have a presence on many of the major Oil Sands Mine Sites including Canadian Natural's Horizon Site, Imperial Oil's Kearl Oil Sands Site, Total Site and Husky's Sunrise Site. The Bouchier Group is one of the largest First Nations Companies in the area that provides construction, maintenance, and general site services.
Payroll Representatives collect verify and process payroll information and determine pay and benefit entitlements for employees. Delivery of the Accounts Payable requirements for the Group to provide a comprehensive and efficient accounts payable service in accordance with requirements of the Business.
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements. Liaise within the human resources department in regards to staff and wage changes.
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions.
- Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, leaves, employment and medical insurance.
- Prepare T4 statements and other statements.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts.
- Research and correct discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures and policies related to payroll operations.
- Track all employee vacation requests.
- Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile payroll.
- Prepare invoices for payment including matching invoices to receiving paperwork and purchase orders and obtaining authorization for payment
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Perform detailed analysis of current and outstanding items on vendor statement such as invoices, chargeback, and credit memos/debit memos
- Assign general ledger account numbers and validate expense to budget entries in computer system.
- Pursue collections from vendors in debit balance in accordance with company policy
- Research and Resolve purchase order, receipt, and invoice discrepancies, issues and exceptions for accounts
- Post transactions; make routine and non-recurring journal entries to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and perform cheque runs
- Prepare manual cheques for distribution when necessary
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Maintain vendor files
- Respond to inquiries via phone/email/written correspondence from internal and external customers
- Act as a resource to other staff regarding routine issues, erroneous accounts, and computer problems
- Assist in the preparation and production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and report and review for accuracy.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
- Ability to work with electronic accounting systems (Knowledge of NAVISION would be an asset)
- Strong MS EXCEL & MS WORD skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organizational skills (Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate and apply sound judgment to work situations
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, college level accounting classes or Accounting Diploma preferred
- 2-5 years hands-on Accounting experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10/31/2013
To apply; email your resume to: email@example.com or fax to: 1 888 624 0203.