Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer Sr.
- Minneapolis, MN
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information in producing and distributing news, information and advertising across multiple print and digital platforms, including newspaper, website, mobile, tablet and video formats. Star Tribune has been serving the Minneapolis/Saint Paul market for 145 years and is now the 8th largest Sunday and 13th largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S. It attracts 6 million unique monthly visitors to StarTribune.com and posted 24 straight months of Newspaper circulation growth. The company was recognized in 2011 by Adweek Magazine as America’s “Hottest Regional Newspaper”.
The Star Tribune Media Company LLC has an opening available in Minneapolis, MN for an Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer Sr. to support the development of enterprise applications and reporting tools to provide information and functionality for on-going business operations.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Computer Information Systems, or related technical field. Requires 5 years of related progressive, post-baccalaureate experience which must include 1 year of demonstrated, post-baccalaureate experience with each of the following: 1) analyzing and documenting business requirements and consulting with end-users on business process analysis and design; 2) application testing deployment in a variety of environments; 3) refactoring existing scripts for performance improvement; 4) programming in .Net framework and Visual Studio utilizing ASP.Net, VB.Net, and C#.Net. All experience must have been gained after the completion of a Bachelor’s degree program. Employer will accept experience gained concurrently. No phone calls please. EOE
Job Posting Date: December 21, 2012
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP). Please include the url(s) for your website(s) in your cover letter or on your resume.
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume. However the urls directing us to your online work should suffice.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.