Part Time CDL Driver
- Minneapolis, MN
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information in producing and distributing news, information and advertising across multiple print and digital platforms, including newspaper, website, mobile, tablet and video formats. Star Tribune has been serving the Minneapolis/Saint Paul market for 145 years and is now the 8th largest Sunday and 13th largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S. It attracts 6 million unique monthly visitors to StarTribune.com and posted 24 straight months of Newspaper circulation growth. The company was recognized in 2011 by Adweek Magazine as America’s “Hottest Regional Newspaper”.
This position is responsible for loading, unloading and delivering newspapers & other products to retailers
& newspaper vending machines. May deliver to city &/or out-state distribution centers. New drivers cover 3rd shift vacancies on Friday and Saturday nights, and may be eligible for other on-call weekday 3rd shift vacancies based on business needs.
Starting wage is $15 per hour with paid training. Benefits eligibility is based on hours worked.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older with an excellent driving record & related driving experience.
- This position requires a CDL Class A or B with air brake endorsement.
- Drivers must comply with DOT hours of service.
- Must have knowledge of the Twin Cities & surrounding area & be able to read a Hudson Map. Selection process will include a road test and map test.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
*To receive hiring bonus (two installments), must successfully complete employment verifications, background checks & pre-placement exam that includes a drug test.
Job Posting Date: January 4, 2013
Requisition #: STR2013002
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP).
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.