Part Time Driver Trainee
- Minneapolis, MN
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information in producing and distributing news, information and advertising across multiple print and digital platforms, including newspaper, website, mobile, tablet and video formats. Star Tribune has been serving the Minneapolis/Saint Paul market for 145 years and is now the 8th largest Sunday and 13th largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S. It attracts 6 million unique monthly visitors to StarTribune.com and posted 24 straight months of Newspaper circulation growth. The company was recognized in 2011 by Adweek Magazine as America’s “Hottest Regional Newspaper”.
Star Tribune has Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) trainee opportunities available. Candidates that meet minimum requirements will drive company step-vans, delivering to single copy racks & stores while training for their Commercial Driver’s License.
New drivers cover 3rd shift vacancies on Friday and Saturday nights, and may be eligible for other on-call weekday 3rd shift vacancies, or other weekend day hours, based on business needs.
Starting wage is $15 per hour with paid training. Benefits eligibility is based on hours worked.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Minneapolis Metro Area and be able to read a Hudson Map book.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Prior driving, courier delivery or newspaper carrier experience strongly preferred.
- Within six months of employment, trainees must obtain a Class B license with air brake endorsement with assistance from Star Tribune staff.
Employment verifications, background checks and a pre-placement exam that includes a drug test are part of the process.
Job Posting Date: January 4, 2013
Requisition #: STR2013003
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP).
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.