Associate Systems Analyst/Programmer
- Minneapolis, MN
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information in producing and distributing news, information and advertising across multiple print and digital platforms, including newspaper, website, mobile, tablet and video formats. Star Tribune has been serving the Minneapolis/Saint Paul market for 145 years and is now the 8th largest Sunday and 13th largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S. It attracts 6 million unique monthly visitors to StarTribune.com and posted 24 straight months of Newspaper circulation growth. The company was recognized in 2011 by Adweek Magazine as America’s “Hottest Regional Newspaper”.
Works closely with all departments in support of current enterprise, in-house developed applications, and reporting tools that provide information and functionality for on-going business operations.
Translates requirements into physical design specifications for major systems. Revises and updates programs and documentation as required and provides necessary documentation for the end-user. Participates in the full systems development life cycle on small to mid-sized projects. Will work closely with other lead system analyst/programmers.
- Experience and understanding Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 with Visual Basic programming language (C# will qualify as a substitute as well).
- Understanding and adherence to application development methods and standards (includes knowledge of related tools and techniques).
- Understanding of database access programming and trade-offs necessary for performance considerations.
- Understands/employs human factors techniques in the design of front-end applications using CUI/GUI development tools.
- Ability to learn tools and technology quickly and effectively.
- Effective presentation and communication skills at multiple levels of the organization.
- Works independently and carries responsibility for successful completion of requested initiatives.
- Experience participating in technical deliverables and milestone reviews.
- BA in Computer Science or related technology program or about to graduate from a 4 year program.
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP).
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.