Digital Technology Project Manager
- Minneapolis, MN
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information in producing and distributing news, information and advertising across multiple print and digital platforms, including newspaper, website, mobile, tablet and video formats. Star Tribune has been serving the Minneapolis/Saint Paul market for 145 years and is now the 8th largest Sunday and 13th largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S. It attracts 6 million unique monthly visitors to StarTribune.com and posted 24 straight months of Newspaper circulation growth. The company was recognized in 2011 by Adweek Magazine as America’s “Hottest Regional Newspaper”.
The Digital Technology Project Manager is responsible for managing a group of products, projects and technologies that further the strategic goals and objectives of the Star Tribune Media Company. This position works collaboratively with resources across the company and with outside vendors. Works to maintain Quality Assurance processes and standards within the Star Tribune Digital Department and helps in coordinating testing efforts across all projects in Star Tribune Digital. The ideal candidate is proficient in digital media, an expert organizer and a strong communicator.
- Collaboratively develop project business requirements, facilitate project goal definition and agreement, scope and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders that supports business goals.
- Create project plan, including managing schedules, resources, milestones and communications.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and develop contingency plans. Identify and flag issues that limit a project's ability to meet specifications or timeline.
- Communicate to stakeholders updates on project status and scope changes.
- Manage project budget, while achieving quality solutions and creative problem solving during project execution
- Identify key digital product opportunities and recommend product priorities
- Stay current on testing methodologies and strategies to optimize our testing workflow
- Collect feedback on the testing process and recommend/implement updates as needed.
- Coordinate external testing resources on large projects.
- 1-3 years experience working in a project management capacity or Quality Assurance capacity in a web development environment
- Experience with Office Software tools (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
- Experience with issue/bug tracking software is a plus
- Experience with working with cross-functional teams to understand project needs and project deliverables
- Experience working closely with a development team to drive projects and issues to completion
- Experience writing test plans and organizing development testing a plus
Job Posting Date: February 1, 2013
Requisition # STR2013007
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP).
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.