Digital Client Service Specialist
- Minneapolis, MN
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information in producing and distributing news, information and advertising across multiple print and digital platforms, including newspaper, website, mobile, tablet and video formats. Star Tribune has been serving the Minneapolis/Saint Paul market for 145 years and is now the 8th largest Sunday and 13th largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S. It attracts 6 million unique monthly visitors to StarTribune.com and posted 24 straight months of Newspaper circulation growth. The company was recognized in 2011 by Adweek Magazine as America’s “Hottest Regional Newspaper”.
We are looking for a creative and experienced problem solver for our Digital Sales Support Team to grow revenue and deliver campaign results for our local territory accounts. Key attributes of the ideal candidate include: 2+ years of digital media campaign or similar offline experience, solid understanding of digital products and performance capabilities, creative problem solver, detail oriented, strong communication and leadership skills and ability to deliver value and input to a rapidly evolving sales organization.
- Perform role of communications manager between traffic management, sales, and/or client
- Actively manage campaigns to optimize for incremental spend and identify at risk revenue; ensure advertising campaigns fully deliver within specified dates; make recommendations on how to best fulfill campaigns and drive incremental revenue
- Proactively communicate ad campaign problems and issues to sales staff
- Ensure all requests for forecasts, reports, new campaigns, and delivery changes are documented in standard software. Assign campaign trafficking requests
- Maintain campaign scheduling/change information in standard software to include updating status as campaigns progress to traffic management
- Perform pre and post-launch Quality Assurance for creative to ensure adherence to size and behavior specifications
- Prepare reports at scheduled intervals for use in revenue reporting, campaign optimization, and client requirements
- Coordinate tasks with other departments to ensure compliance with our published standards
- Prefer a BA/BS degree with emphasis in advertising, interactive media or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated quality customer service for both internal and external customers
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving, customer service and conflict management skills
- Excellent decision making, time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of digital operations, to include design, operations, ad serving and product development processes
- Proficiency in DoubleClick’s Dart for Publishers and Dart Sales Manager products is a plus
Job Posting Date: February 4, 2013
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP).
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.