Human Resources Administrator
- Minneapolis, MN
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information in producing and distributing news, information and advertising across multiple print and digital platforms, including newspaper, website, mobile, tablet and video formats. Star Tribune has been serving the Minneapolis/Saint Paul market for 145 years and is now the 8th largest Sunday and 13th largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S. It attracts 6 million unique monthly visitors to StarTribune.com and posted 24 straight months of Newspaper circulation growth. The company was recognized in 2011 by Adweek Magazine as America’s “Hottest Regional Newspaper”.
Coordinates recruitment administration and processes workers compensation claims for the Company. Administers human resource programs and processes for production employees (located at 800 North 1st Street in Mpls). Participates in HR projects. Provides general administrative support for Internal Communications, Safety and other functions at the production plant. Will also assist with HR administration at the 425 Portland Avenue location.
- Requires 3+ years previous human resources administrative experience in one or more of the following: recruitment, workers compensation, HRIS (PeopleSoft) and/or leave administration or HR generalist responsibilities.
- Strong administrative and written/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills utilizing HR technologies
- Must maintain and apply a fundamental knowledge of Workers Compensation, FMLA, ADA and other employment-related laws and legal requirements
- Must be able to handle work that is varied in nature with some evaluation or originality required
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to effectively multi-task and set work priorities to meet deadlines
- Prefer some experience in employee relations and/or labor relations and work experience in a union environment
- Strongly prefer related post-secondary education and additional experience in human resources administration
Posted: March 8, 2013
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP). Please include the url(s) for your website(s) in your cover letter or on your resume.
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume. However the urls directing us to your online work should suffice.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.