Part Time Drivers - Non-CDL and CDL
- Minneapolis, MN
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information in producing and distributing news, information and advertising across multiple print and digital platforms, including newspaper, website, mobile, tablet and video formats. Star Tribune has been serving the Minneapolis/Saint Paul market for 145 years and is now the 8th largest Sunday and 13th largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S. It attracts 6 million unique monthly visitors to StarTribune.com and posted 24 straight months of Newspaper circulation growth. The company was recognized in 2011 by Adweek Magazine as America’s “Hottest Regional Newspaper”.
These positions are Extra Board/Swing Drivers responsible for loading, unloading & delivering newspapers & other products to retailers, newspaper vending machines & distribution locations. May deliver to city &/or out-state distribution centers. These drivers cover 3rd shift open routes due to vacation, illness, etc. Probably scheduled on weekends & weekdays for 3rd shift vacancies based on business needs. Shifts start between 10:30 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. & can range up to 8 hours per day.
Starting wage is $15 per hour + a premium pay of $2.00 per hour for these positions. Paid training & eligible for benefits.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older with an excellent driving record & related driving experience.
- Drivers must comply with DOT hours of service.
- Must have verifiable knowledge of the Minneapolis Metro area & be able to read a Hudson Map. Selection process will include a road test and map test.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to provide a copy of a current driving record
- Apply online www.startribunecompany.com/jobs
*To receive hiring bonus (two installments), must successfully complete employment verifications, background checks & pre-placement exam that includes a drug test.
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP). Please include the url(s) for your website(s) in your cover letter or on your resume.
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume. However the urls directing us to your online work should suffice.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.