WEEKEND CDL DRIVERS 750 HIRING BONUS
- Minneapolis, MN
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information, delivering more of what matters to Minnesota all day, every day. With the seventh-largest Sunday and 12th largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S., the most-visited local website, numerous mobile and tablet apps, and Twin Cities Values, Star Tribune reaches more consumers than any other Minnesota media brand. In 2013 the company was recognized with two Pulitzer Prizes as well as the Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce “Best in Business” award.
$750 HIRING BONUS*
This position is responsible for loading, unloading and delivering newspapers and other products to retailers & newspaper vending machines. May deliver to city and/or out-state distribution centers. New drivers cover 3rd shift vacancies on Friday and Saturday nights, and may be eligible for other on-call weekday 3rd shift vacancies based on business needs.
Starting wage is $15 per hour with paid training. Benefits eligibility is based on hours worked.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older with an excellent driving record & related driving experience.
- This position requires a CDL Class A or B with air brake endorsement.
- Drivers must comply with DOT hours of service.
- Must have knowledge of the Twin Cities and surrounding area and be able to read a Hudson Map. Selection process will include a road test and map test.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Posted: June 13, 2013
* $750 HIRING BONUS. To receive hiring bonus (two installments), must successfully complete employment verifications, background checks and pre-placement exam that includes a drug test.
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP). Please include the url(s) for your website(s) in your cover letter or on your resume.
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume. However the urls directing us to your online work should suffice.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.