WEEKEND NON-CDL DRIVERS 500 HIRING BONUS
- Minneapolis, MN
The Star Tribune Media Company is the upper Midwest’s largest source of news and information, delivering more of what matters to Minnesota all day, every day. With the seventh-largest Sunday and 12th largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S., the most-visited local website, numerous mobile and tablet apps, and Twin Cities Values, Star Tribune reaches more consumers than any other Minnesota media brand. In 2013 the company was recognized with two Pulitzer Prizes as well as the Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce “Best in Business” award.
* $500 HIRING BONUS
Candidates that meet minimum requirements will drive company step-vans, delivering to single copy racks and stores.
New drivers cover 3rd shift vacancies on Friday and Saturday nights, and may be eligible for other on-call weekday 3rd shift vacancies, or other weekend day hours, based on business needs.
Starting wage is $15/hour with paid training. Benefit eligibility is based on hours worked.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Minneapolis metro area and be able to read a Hudson Map book.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Prior driving, courier delivery or newspaper carrier experience strongly preferred.
Posted: June 13, 2013
* $500 HIRING BONUS. To receive hiring bonus (two installments), must successfully complete employment verifications, background checks and pre-placement exam that includes a drug test.
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP). Please include the url(s) for your website(s) in your cover letter or on your resume.
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume. However the urls directing us to your online work should suffice.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.