Purchasing and Receiving Clerk
- Minneapolis, MN
Star Tribune Media Company is Minnesota’s largest producer and distributor of news, information and advertising across multiple print and digital platforms, including newspaper, website, mobile, tablet and video formats. The Star Tribune newspaper and StarTribune.com regularly reach more than two-thirds of the adults in the Twin Cities market or more than 1.7 million people. The company has been serving the Minneapolis/Saint Paul market for more than 144 years, providing trusted local and regional news and information produced by the largest force of professional journalists in the state. Star Tribune has more than 1,000 employees.
The Purchasing and Receiving Clerk provides part-time support by creating and processing requisitions and purchase orders, maintains purchase records, ensures daily flow of documents to appropriate departments, receives parts and equipment and enters information into the inventory system. Additionally, the Clerk tracks and monitors purchase orders and stocking levels for the departments. Experience in purchasing/receiving and using electronic inventory systems preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Basic keyboarding, analytical and math skills
· Experience using computers and electronic inventory systems
· Advanced Communications skills
· Able to work independently and within a small group
· Requires lifting, bending and stooping
Posted: July 26, 2013
How to apply online
- You must fill out our online application, which you can do by clicking on the link below.
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP).
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
- If you apply online, your references can email letters of recommendation to email@example.com with your name in the subject line.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.