Minnesota Vikings Beat Reporter
- 425 Portland Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
Star Tribune Media Company is Minnesota’s largest producer and distributor of news, information and advertising across multiple print and digital platforms, including newspaper, website, mobile, tablet and video formats. The Star Tribune newspaper and StarTribune.com regularly reach more than two-thirds of the adults in the Twin Cities market or more than 1.7 million people. The company has been serving the Minneapolis/Saint Paul market for more than 144 years, providing trusted local and regional news and information produced by the largest force of professional journalists in the state. Star Tribune has more than 1,000 employees.
This reporter is responsible for full-time coverage of all aspects of the Minnesota Vikings both in print and online. Topics on this beat will include training camp, regular-season and postseason games, daily breaking news, business and contractual matters, features and provocative enterprise, profiles, notes, analysis, off-field news, blogs and videos. This reporter will provide timely and competitive coverage; he or she will be expected to break stories. This reporter will often write on deadline, and will work nights and weekends where appropriate. This position is covered under our contract with the Newspaper Guild and the minimum salary for someone with at least five years' experience is $69,152.
Experience covering professional or major college sports is required. This reporter should have a history of breaking news stories and experience with new media. Should have a broad knowledge of and interest in professional sports in the Twin Cities and the National Football League. Ability to quickly assess spot news and adapt to fast-breaking news situations, while planning long-term coverage of important issues is essential.
How to apply online
- You must fill out our online application, which you can do by clicking on the link below.
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP).
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked “Continue later” at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We won’t see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you won’t be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
- If you apply online, your references can email letters of recommendation to email@example.com with your name in the subject line, or snail mail them to Duchesne Drew (address below). Please ask your references to write your name on the envelope.
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.