Healthcare Unix / PL-SQL Developer/Analyst
- Minneapolis, MN
Since our inception in 2010, tap|QA has become the Twin Cities' largest, and fastest growing, specialized provider of software/system QA and testing services. In 2013, we were named one of the Top Workplaces in Minnesota by the Star Tribune and one of the Top 25 Management Consulting Firms by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal!
1. We are only able to work with consultants who are authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship. No third parties, please.
2. Candidates must be local or immediately available to start a position in the Twin Cities metro area.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for utilizing established programming standards and policies to perform programming/system design, development, coding, testing and implementation of the company specific Amisys code. Programs/Systems are based on Oracle PL/SQL including stored procedures, Cobol, and Unix scripting.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Project Lead to create, implement, and test programs, program interfaces, and databases between Amisys and other company systems.
- Support Amisys programs and surround code during development, test, and warranty period.
- Collaborate with Projet Lead to develop and implement user test plans and new software implementations including Amisys modules, extensions to the Amisys systems, and internal and third party systems/applications.
- Assist with developing required interface documentation.
Bachelor degree in Information Technology / Computer Science, relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Five years of progressively complex development and platform integration experience in an IS environment, preferably in a health care environment. Four years development experience with and knowledge of: Strong technical knowledge in Oracle, PL/SQL and Unix. Solid knowledge of claims processing systems along with reporting experience. Strong Analytical skills and well verse with problem resolution methodologies. Excellent team management skills and strong communication skills. Strong customer-service orientation. Work well in multicultural workplace.
Amisys Advance Release 6. (Preferred, but not required)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate acquisition of new knowledge and skills annually.
- Communication: Demonstrated proficiency in both oral and written communication with both technical and non-technical staff and clients;
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal skills;
- Analytical: Capability in abstract thought, functional decomposition;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly identify [root] cause of problem and recommend resolution; demonstrated initiative and innovation;
- Maintain confidentiality
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; Work independently and with others; Learn and adapt to change, quickly; Manage stressful situations.
Compensation for this position is highly competitve!