Infrastructure Systems Analyst
- Upland, IN
Taylor University is a four-year liberal arts college holding to a strong evangelical Christian position. Upland is on Indiana Highway 22, five miles east of I-69, fifty miles south of Fort Wayne and seventy miles north of Indianapolis.
Taylor University is seeking applications of candidates for an Infrastructure Systems Analyst. This is a full-time, 12 month, exempt position located in Upland, Indiana. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
The mission of Information Technology at Taylor University is “To provide reliable and secure access to information technology services in support of the academic, student affairs, community and financial objectives of Taylor University.” The infrastructure systems analyst is responsible for the ongoing management and operation of the Taylor University server and storage resources. He/she works very closely with others in the Information Technology department to ensure the availability and reliability of the University’s various enterprise and workgroup server and storage systems. This position is a member of a dynamic team environment, and based upon the complexity of the server and storage environment, the person will be expected to handle a variety of tasks and projects based upon university priorities.
- Responsible to manage and support the university server and storage systems including the physical hardware, virtual environment, the operating system, core system applications and associated business continuity/disaster recovery systems. Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical systems.
- Responsible to support the Microsoft Exchange systems including integrated applications across a multi-server environment, including back-ups and verification, performance monitoring, and access design.
- Assure that maintenance contracts on all server and storage systems and core system applications are up to date and sufficient to facilitate full recovery within a reasonable amount of time. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Assure proper security of server and storage system access by implementing security and business continuity/disaster recovery policies and procedures in conjunction with the Computing Services Manager and Director of Technology Services.
- Monitor and report system and storage utilization. Assist in the development of plans for needed storage and server systems upgrades both within and outside the institution. Provide modeling data and trend analysis for proposed expansion of the systems he/she is directly responsible for.
- Manage, in partnership with the Enterprise Systems teams, the Active Directory system for the University. Train and support others in the Information Technology department on the creation and maintenance of Exchange and Active Directory accounts. Maintain the integrity and security of University Identity Management.
- Manage, in partnership with the Enterprise Systems teams, server databases in use at the University. This includes support of the server operating systems, file storage systems, and backups associated with the database server software and data.
- Manage and work alongside outside vendors and contractors on systems support.
- Work closely with the Client and Media Services team to provide technical assistance, support, and training when requested or necessary.
- Assist the Computing Services Manager and the Director of Technology Services in defining long-range strategies to provide sufficient server and storage capacity and appropriate functionality for growth and new programs.
- Secondary management and support of network communications infrastructure.
- Responsible for learning and supporting new technologies for the University as assigned.
- Lead and/or work on department project teams as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a Computer Science or related field) and/or appropriate systems certifications required (i.e. MCSE: Messaging, RHCSA, or higher).
- Knowledge of server and storage systems and have a general understanding of the Information Technology industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems including installation, configuration, administration, monitoring, scripting, systems integration, and clustering.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange including installation, configuration, administration, monitoring, scripting, clustering, and systems integration with communications technologies (Unified Messaging, Lync, Fax Gateway).
- Knowledge of enterprise backup systems (CommVault Simpana), iSCSI SANS (Dell EqualLogic), and virtual server environments (VMWare ESX, VSphere, VCenter)
- Ability to make mature decisions, have good interpersonal skills, mature judgment, ability to learn quickly, ability to plan and schedule work, ability to quickly learn and apply new technology.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to handle and work with interruptions during normal office hours.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please read the following Instructions before applying.
Current employees need to submit a Request for Transfer form as an attachment to their on-line application.
Your application is not complete without Part 2 and the Authorization and Release Form!
- Firefox is the preferred Web Browser for the on-line application at the "Apply Now" link below.
- Acceptable Attachment Formats: Please submit your documents (cover letter, resume, part 2 and authorization and release form) only in the following formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, DOC, TXT, PDF formats.
Apply now by clicking on the link below and completing the online application and attaching the Part 2 and Authorization and Release Form now.
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.