Director of Assessment and Quality Improvement
- Upland, IN
Taylor University is a four-year liberal arts college holding to a strong evangelical Christian position. Upland is on Indiana Highway 22, five miles east of I-69, fifty miles south of Fort Wayne and seventy miles north of Indianapolis.
Taylor University is seeking applications of candidates for an Director of Assessment and Quality Improvement. This is a full-time, 12 month, exempt position located in Upland, Indiana.
The Mission of Taylor University is to develop servant leaders marked with a passion for ministering Christ’s redemptive love and truth to a world in need.
Reporting to the provost, the director of assessment and quality improvement will manage the requirements of the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) in ways that advance student learning and the continuous quality improvement goals elucidated in University strategic plans. The director is also responsible for providing leadership for institutional assessment, campus surveys, and the academic testing program (e.g., CLEP and AP). This position is a 12 month full-time position.
- Primary responsibility is oversight of the Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association AQIP requirements, including the systems portfolio, action projects, and stakeholder forums. Includes administration of the AQIP budget.
- In collaboration with the School deans, support School and department assessment plans and program review requirements for undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Promote assessment and continuous quality improvement across the institution.
- Chair the University Assessment Council.
- Prepare the annual institutional assessment report, which informs institutional strategic planning and budgeting.
- Develop, administer and evaluate campus surveys approved by provost.
- Working with Institutional Research, Information Technology and the Registrar’s office, collect, analyze and use data and information in ways that improve programs and institutional performance.
- Recommend measures for setting targets, tracking effectiveness and comparing results with benchmark institutions.
- Administration of institutional assessment and testing office staff and budgets
- Oversee maintenance of the assessment website.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the office of the provost.
- Must have at least a master’s degree from an accredited higher education institution in educational research, higher education, or related field.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in higher education program evaluation and assessment or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge in areas of assessment and program evaluation, quantitative and qualitative research, and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation processes. Prefer a minimum two years of experience with the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP).
- Prefer faculty experience teaching at post-secondary education level.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and proven capability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups within higher education.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, students, staff and external constituents.
- Demonstrate expertise in using web based applications, MS Office Suite, SPSS software. Knowledge and experience with the Ellucian Banner Enterprise Data System and software reporting tools preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please read the following Instructions before applying.
Current employees need to submit a Request for Transfer form as an attachment to their on-line application.
Your application is not complete without Part 2 and the Authorization and Release Form!
- Firefox is the preferred Web Browser for the on-line application at the "Apply Now" link below.
- Acceptable Attachment Formats: Please submit your documents (cover letter, resume, part 2 and authorization and release form) only in the following formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, DOC, TXT, PDF formats.
Apply now by clicking on the link below and completing the online application and attaching the Part 2 and Authorization and Release Form now.
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.