Director of Indiana Employer Relations
- Upland, IN
Taylor University is a four-year liberal arts college holding to a strong evangelical Christian position. Upland is on Indiana Highway 22, five miles east of I-69, fifty miles south of Fort Wayne and seventy miles north of Indianapolis.
The Mission of Taylor University is to develop servant leaders marked with a passion for ministering Christ’s redemptive love and truth to a world in need.
Taylor University is seeking applications for a tentative position of Director of Indiana Employer Relations. This is a full-time, 12 month, exempt position located in Upland, Indiana. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Taylor University seeks to strengthen and enhance its in-state network of employer relations, specifically within high-impact small ventures. “High impact small ventures” is an inclusive term of emerging enterprises. Examples include small businesses, technology startups, and emerging non-profits development within the state of Indiana.
The Director of Indiana Employer Relations will serve as the primary contact and liaison for employer relations within the state of Indiana to the Taylor campus (students, faculty, and staff). This position will report directly to the Associate Dean of Career Development in the Taylor University Calling and Career Office.
START DATE : *Position is funded through a Lilly Endowment Grant, which is pending approval. The position, once funding is granted, is projected to start the first quarter of 2014.
- Master’s degree
- Professional higher education and/or corporate experience.
- Strong verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to engage high-impact venture developers within the state of Indiana.
- Ability to cultivate a collaborative network of high-impact ventures within the state of Indiana.
- High degree of accountability and initiative with a proven record of excellence
- Passion for higher education in a Christian environment. Comfortable in a variety of settings, from professional/corporate settings to non-profit/ministry settings.
- 3-5 years of higher education and/or corporate experience
- Experience in tech-startup or small business development.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please read the following Instructions before clicking the "I'm Interested" link below to access our secure website.
Current employees need to submit a Request for Transfer form as an attachment to their on-line application.
All applicants need to download "Part 2" and “Authorization and Release Form; complete both forms and attach them with the online application. Your application is not complete without Part 2 and the Authorization and Release Form!
- Firefox is the preferred Web Browser for the on-line application at the "Apply Now" link below.
- Acceptable Attachment Formats: Please submit your documents (cover letter, resume, part 2 and authorization and release form) only in the following formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, DOC, TXT, PDF formats.
Apply now by clicking on the link below and completing the online application and attaching the Part 2 and Authorization and Release Form now.