- Saint-Hubert, Canada
Do you know Techo-Bloc’s precious stones?
Design aficionados at heart, we believe in style with substance making R&D both a core competency and a passionate pursuit. To that end, we build production facilities of the highest caliber and equip them with the latest technology including our own inventions. We ensure the landscape and masonry products we design and produce are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful.
With 8 manufacturing facilities, 30 international patents and over 600 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. Through exceptional product quality, innovation and a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses, we have developed a true passion for helping our partners succeed. As we continue to expand, our team members are always offered opportunities to hone their skills, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
Under the responsibility of the new products and plant manager, Techo-Bloc is looking for an industrial designer to contribute to the implementation and development of new products. The incumbent will have the opportunity to work with a seasoned and visionary team in the manufacture of concrete products that exceed the highest standards. In this case, the following operations must be performed:
- Prepares plans and specifications booklet and production guidelines for each product;
- Works with technical, research and development and engineering teams to develop new products that meet the high Techo-Bloc standards;
- Conducts the necessary analyzes to better understand the product life cycle and to better understand global trends in masonry and outdoor products;
- Participates in analyzes and research on costs, properties of production materials and production methods;
- Assess the safety of products and their properties;
- Attend trade shows (Canada & USA) 2-3 times a year.
- College diploma or Bachelor degree in industrial design;
- Minimum of 1 year ‘experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment;
- Extensive knowledge of solidworks and familiar with STL files;
- Knowledge of concrete and exterior design industry is an asset;
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite;
- Bilingualism (English and French), both oral and written;
- Attention to detail and a sense of precision;
- Sense of organization;
- Good sense of observation and trend analysis;
- High analytical capacity.
Your contribution is very precious to us, just like the stones we produce. Techo-Bloc foster a culture of innovation where each individual brings a special touch to his field of expertise. The company is growing, your ideas and your talents are required to contribute to the development of the prestigious brand image that Techo-Bloc has developed over the years.
You will have the opportunity to:
- live at the center of a creative movement that cares a lot about your opinion;
- develop your skills and grow;
- have a dynamic job and an evolving career path;
- have an interesting remuneration and several benefits as well as a bonus program.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.