- Saint-Hubert, Canada
Do you know Techo-Bloc’s precious stones?
Design aficionados at heart, we believe in style with substance making R&D both a core competency and a passionate pursuit. To that end, we build production facilities of the highest caliber and equip them with the latest technology including our own inventions. We ensure the landscape and masonry products we design and produce are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful.
With 8 manufacturing facilities, 30 international patents and over 600 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. Through exceptional product quality, innovation and a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses, we have developed a true passion for helping our partners succeed. As we continue to expand, our team members are always offered opportunities to hone their skills, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
For its head office and under the supervision of the Senior Mechanical Engineer, the mechanical engineering designer will support the engineering and maintenance team. He will, among other things, participate in the updating of the drawings of the replacement parts, design and / or modify production equipment, draw and purchase and install. More specifically, it will:
- Perform 3D design of mechanical systems and parts;
- Carry out geometric sizing;
- Perform tolerance of mechanical parts and assemblies;
- Analyze the technical problems to be solved;
- Take measurement readings on existing parts;
- Draw existing parts;
- Revise and correct drawings;
- Make lists of equipment to be tendered;
- Make shop drawings for manufacturing;
- Update Solidwork dawings;
- List specific bolts for each assembly;
- Generate the BOM;
- Prepare test benches;
- Procurement of parts ;
- Participate in the physical assembly of some equipment and prototype.
- Cumulate between 2 and 5 years of experience in mechanical engineering;
- Have a technical or a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering;
- Have a good expertise of SolidWorks;
- Demonstrate tolerance control;
- Have an innovative mind and the ability to work as a team;
- Previous experience or knowledge in welding, machining or other metalworking will be considered an asset;
- Be available to travel occasionally in Quebec, Ontario and the USA.
Your contribution is very precious to us, just like the stones we produce. Techo-Bloc foster a culture of innovation where each individual brings a special touch to his field of expertise. The company is growing, your ideas and your talents are required to contribute to the development of the prestigious brand image that Techo-Bloc has developed over the years.
You will have the opportunity to:
- live at the center of a creative movement that cares a lot about your opinion;
- develop your skills and grow;
- have a dynamic job and an evolving career path;
- have an interesting remuneration and several benefits as well as a bonus program.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.