Operations Director - Chambly
- Chambly, Canada
Do you know Techo-Bloc’s precious stones?
Design aficionados at heart, we believe in style with substance making R&D both a core competency and a passionate pursuit. To that end, we build production facilities of the highest caliber and equip them with the latest technology including our own inventions. We ensure the landscape and masonry products we design and produce are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful.
With 8 manufacturing facilities, 30 international patents and over 600 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. Through exceptional product quality, innovation and a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses, we have developed a true passion for helping our partners succeed. As we continue to expand, our team members are always offered opportunities to hone their skills, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager for our Chambly plant. The incumbent will be responsible for organizing and supervising the manufacturing process. He will be responsible for the proper functioning of the production lines and the quality of the product. The incumbent will be reporting to the Operations Director – Canada.
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets;
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines;
- Monitor production to resolve issues;
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.);
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.);
- Approve maintenance work, purchasing of equipment etc.;
- Ensure output meets quality standards;
- Enforce health and safety précautions.
- BSc/Ba in business administration or relevant field is preferred;
- Proven experience as operations director;
- Knowledge of SMED, 5S and Kaizen;
- Deep knowledge of production management;
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations;
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts;
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics;
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software;
- Bilingualism (French and English);
- Outstanding communication ability;
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
Your contribution is very precious to us, just like the stones we produce. Techo-Bloc foster a culture of innovation where each individual brings a special touch to his field of expertise. The company is growing, your ideas and your talents are required to contribute to the development of the prestigious brand image that Techo-Bloc has developed over the years.
You will have the opportunity to:
- live at the center of a creative movement that cares a lot about your opinion;
- develop your skills and grow;
- have a dynamic job and an evolving career path;
- have an interesting remuneration and several benefits as well as a bonus program.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.