- Saint-Hubert, Canada
Do you know Techo-Bloc’s precious stones?
Design aficionados at heart, we believe in style with substance making R&D both a core competency and a passionate pursuit. To that end, we build production facilities of the highest caliber and equip them with the latest technology including our own inventions. We ensure the landscape and masonry products we design and produce are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful.
With 8 manufacturing facilities, 30 international patents and over 600 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. Through exceptional product quality, innovation and a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses, we have developed a true passion for helping our partners succeed. As we continue to expand, our team members are always offered opportunities to hone their skills, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
We are currently seeking a Finance Vice-President that will handle the complexity and dynamism of a fast growing multi-divisional and international business with operating companies in Canada and USA. The incumbent will report directly to the President/CEO. He will be responsible for providing leadership and direction in the areas of accounting, corporate reporting, compliance, finance and treasury.
We are looking for an individual who will partner with the management team in our mission to support our development and growth in the manufacturing and distribution of our paver and concrete products. We are looking for someone who understands how to shape the team and drive decision making, all while balancing growth and maintaining strong business fundamentals.
- Lead the Finance team;
- Serve as a key member of the management team in assisting to formulate the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives;
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans;
- Manage banking relations for the all companies with the goal of building an overall strategy that will improve the efficiency of the banking function with the intention for growth;
- Manage the accounting, costing, legal, tax and treasury operations;
- Oversee the issuance of financial information and preparation of consolidated monthly, quarterly and year end financial statements which include balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement according IFRS standards;
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry;
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile;
- Analyze business functions against the company’s business plan and present data to support them in improving their areas of the business;
- Maintain and develop our KPI & business metrics;
- Review and produce all tax credit application and filings and ensure that all credits are processed in a timely manner;
- Represent the company in negotiations.
- Professional accounting designation CPA (CA, CGA, CMA);
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive accounting and supervisory experience required;
- Strong technical accounting skills; Knowledge of accounting theory and practices of GAAP and IFRS;
International experience will be considered as an asset;
- Strong computer skills (Ms Office, ERP (Dynamics AX would be an asset));
- Knowledge of how to leverage ERP systems to better facilitate the accounting process;
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure with tight deadlines on multiple projects;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability;
- Experience in partnering with an executive team;
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills (English and French);
- Natural curiosity, eagerness and willingness to learn more about our industry;
- Experience in leading managing and mentoring a team;
- Wholesale and/or retail industry experience;
- High attention to detail and focused on process improvement with experience in developing policies and procedures.
Your contribution is very precious to us, just like the stones we produce. Techo-Bloc foster a culture of innovation where each individual brings a special touch to his field of expertise. The company is growing, your ideas and your talents are required to contribute to the development of the prestigious brand image that Techo-Bloc has developed over the years.
You will have the opportunity to:
- live at the center of a creative movement that cares a lot about your opinion;
- develop your skills and grow;
- have a dynamic job and an evolving career path;
- have an interesting remuneration and several benefits as well as a bonus program.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.