LCSW for Clinical Supervisor
- Stockton, CA
The mission of our client is to serve the diverse LGBT community in San Joaquin County and the surrounding areas by creating a safe and welcoming space, by providing resources that enrich body, mind and spirit, and by educating the public in tolerance and respect for all people within the LGBT community.
The first of its kind opportunity for the local LGBT+ community to be served by mental health care professionals trained while working with the LGBT+ population of the Central Valley. Our client is looking for a visionary mental health care professional willing to supervise associate clinical social worker with a focus on LGBT+ cultural and linguistic competence.
- Training, supervising and evaluating associate clinical social worker, inclusive of performance management..
- Provide emotional and mental health counseling to groups or individuals
- Building strong rapport with clients and making accurate assessments of their problems whether mental/emotional or physical in the case of substance abuse.
- Keeping detailed and concise records of each client during the course of their treatment.
- Consultation with physicians, medical professionals and therapists when appropriate.
- Performing research tasks within a clinical setting.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Teaching others how to do something.
- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Must be willing to work with the LGBT+ population.
- Must be licensed LCSW and eligible to supervise associate clinical social worker.
Position Type : Part-time 5-6 hours per week
Salary : $26,000 per year