Associate Clinical Social Worker
- Stockton, CA
The mission of of our client is to serve the diverse LGBT community in San Joaquin County and the surrounding areas by creating a safe and welcoming space, by providing resources that enrich body, mind and spirit, and by educating the public in tolerance and respect for all people within the LGBT community.
- Conducting face to face psychotherapy to San Joaquin Pride Center clients.
- Familiarize yourself with San Joaquin Pride Center duties and operations.
- Assist with researching resources for LGBT community.
- Assist the team members with initial intakes and social histories on new LGBT clients.
- Assist with fund raising.
- Assist with Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings.
- Attend SJPC team meetings.
- Assist with Administrative Duties.
- Assist in obtaining items needed by identified families.
- Assist LGBT clients in negotiating the application process of obtaining Medicaid, Social Security and the Medicaid Waiver.
- Learn about the special needs, treatment options, behavior approaches for LGBT clients with developmental delays, mental health issues and autism.
- Observe and participate for exposure to LGBT clients with Emotional Behavioral Disorders.
- Tour facilities to learn more about resources in the community.
- Ability to deal with extreme behaviors and crisis.
- Help develop partners in the community.
- Advocate for LGBT community, safety and well-being.
- Assist with risk assessments and become familiar with the DSM -IV.
Our Client is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or inter-sex are encouraged to apply. Our client maintains a policy of non-discrimination with respect to employees and applicants for employment. No aspect of employment will be influenced in any matter by race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, physical disability (including HIV or AIDS), medical condition, perceived physical disability or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by statute.
Position Title : Associate Clinical Social Worker
Reports To : LCSW Supervisor for Clinicians and Executive Director
Position Type : Intern / 8-10 hours per week
Stipend : $200.00 per month / 1 year commitment
Submit: Cover letter expressing your interest
Resume detailing experience/qualifications
Please include: Associate Clinical Social Worker / Internship in subject line