Director, Sales Training & Enablement
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa University is changing the learning culture at Visa and is becoming an integral part of life at the Company where every employee and client will have access to a wealth of resources to enhance their effectiveness. We are a CEO supported start-up team within a large, global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data, and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
The Director, Sales Training & Enablement is a member of Visa University’s Market Learning organization reporting to the Senior Director, Sales Training & Enablement. This role is responsible for the effective delivery of Sales/Client facing (product) training, as well as industry and Visa-specific training. This should encompass content design, facilitating engaging live and virtual training programs and conducting 1:1 coaching to drive performance results.
The ideal candidate is passionate about supporting Sales methodology in a multi-faceted function such as consulting, has experience with the sales life cycle, sales technical elements, consultative selling, financial acumen and payments industry. This individual should also have experience with generating revenue and creating new business.
"Location is flexible within the United States, including remote"
- Delivers exceptional learning experiences to participants ensuring a minimum NPS of 70 in region, or globally, as required
- Champions excellence in facilitation and knowledge to deliver content in a simple and effective way while fostering a safe environment to have productive discussions promoting and inspiring a culture of learning that encourages continuous performance improvement, innovation, and learner engagement
- Collaborates with partners across VU to ensure seamless delivery of programs including ensuring that classes are set up, technology and AV requirements are functioning, capturing attendance and driving attendee completion of feedback.
- Uses knowledge of Sales process and methodologies to customize and deliver selling-focused learning solutions aligned with business priorities and initiatives
- Contributes to the evolution and application of sales competency models for specific business roles related to selling as well as supporting the development of subject matter experts and VU Faculty
- Establishes themselves as a subject matter expert by leveraging experience with selling tools, communities and social media platforms that enable learner engagement and connection pre- or post-training sessions.
- Builds a strong knowledge of the business, including internal and external trends, and keeps up to date with Visa’s business, payments industry and regional nuances.
- Support with coaching Account Executives and Client-facing Sales teams. Supports with creating strategic learning roadmaps for new hires and the ongoing development of existing employees
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years’ experience in sales with increasing responsibility including managing a P&L, working closely with clients and driving revenue targets, role modeling sales excellence in a technology company, and working with sales organization(s) to deliver educational training solutions to improve sales competencies
- Passionate about sales and prior sales experience in a worldwide sales organization (e.g. in a technology company)
- Passionate about training delivery / experience of delivering training and / or presenting and facilitating content to large groups.
- Deep knowledge of the payments business, preferably Visa’s products and services and regulatory landscape.
- Knowledge of selling tools (e.g. CRM, Seismic, Mindtickle, Portals), process (e.g. account planning) and skills (e.g. solution/consultative selling, storytelling/communication, white boarding, customer development, opportunity development, selling fundamentals)
- Strong, polished executive presence and business acumen a must.
- Experience working with strategic partners and industry and/or regulator subject matter preferred.
- Passion for teaching and facilitation and providing the best learning experiences for learners.
- Experience delivering formal or informal learning programs using single channel or blended approaches, including virtual and classroom-based instructor-led training (ILT), peer-to-peer learning, on-the-job learning and eLearning
- Proven ability to increase learner engagement in course facilitation, social media and communities.
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical concepts into terms that are easy to understand for non-industry audiences in an influential and persuasive manner.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and consulting skills.
- Strong stakeholder management, relationship management and influencing skills at all levels in an organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapidly changing content and strategies.
- Experience quantifying ROI for key initiatives
- Location is USA and requires willingness and ability to travel up to 50% as needed to deliver training.
- Fluent English required; additional languages to be added based on regional requirement
· Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
· Location is flexible and requires willingness and ability to travel up to 50% as needed to deliver training.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.